Crisps are a terrific way to showcase seasonal fruits. Use the fruit of your choice to create your family favourite!
Prep time: 45 minutes Serves: 3 (1 ramekin/serving)
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp / 5 ml cinnamon
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml honey mustard
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml quick oats
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml yellow mustard seed
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml salt-free, non-hydrogenated softened margarine
- 1/2 tsp / 2 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 3 ramekins (4 1/8 inch x 2 1/4 inch / 260 ml) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine apples, cinnamon, sugar and honey mustard. Place equally into prepared ramekins.
- In separate bowl, mix oats, fl our, brown sugar, mustard seed, margarine and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until apples are soft and top is golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
- Fruit crisps freeze well for up to 6 months.
Per serving (163.34 g): 241.02 Calories, 2.93 g protein, 41.44 g carbohydrate, 4.98 g fibre, 26.69 g sugar, 8.29 g fat, 1.21 g saturated fat, 1.41 g trans fat, 0.16 mg cholesterol, 107.38 mg sodium
A small sharp knife for cutting the apples allows older kids to safely prepare the fruit.
This and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.