Who doesn’t like to munch? Great for sports nights too!
Prep time: 30 minutes Serves: 4 (about 1/2 cup / 125 ml/serving)
- 1 cup / 250 ml Shreddies-type cereal
- 1 cup / 250 ml small pretzels
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml peanuts, roasted and unsalted
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml honey
- 1/4 tsp / 1 ml garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp / 1 ml onion powder
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels and peanuts. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, mix butter, mustard, honey, garlic and onion powders until well blended. Drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread mixture on baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, mixing and stirring every 5 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
Per serving (158.16 g): 610.04 Calories, 18.38 g protein, 108.33 g carbohydrate, 11.04 g fibre, 6.04 g sugar, 15.65 g fat, 37.0 g saturated fat, 0.12 g trans fat, 7.74 mg cholesterol, 924.53 mg sodium
Measuring the dry ingredients is as important a job as tossing is. Mom or Dad can handle the baking process.
This and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.