Looking for a unique gift for those people who make your life easier? This is the one!
Prep time: 30 minutes Serves: 18 (1 cluster/serving)
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml lightly toasted mustard seed
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml pretzels, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml semi-sweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml corn pops cereal
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Toast mustard seed on baking sheet in oven for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Break pretzels into smaller pieces.
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate as per package instructions.
- In separate bowl, mix corn pops, pretzels, mustard seed and almonds. Gently stir in melted chocolate until evenly coated.
- On prepared baking sheet, use tablespoon (15 ml) measure to drop mixture into 18 clusters.
- Refrigerate until firm. Remove from waxed paper, store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Per serving (18.37 g): 84.56 Calories, 2.07 g protein, 11.66 g carbohydrate, 1.14 g fibre, 4.57 g sugar, 3.77 g fat, 1.38 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 97.96 mg sodium
Kids can break pretzels and chocolate and help mix together.
These and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.