Read more about making this recipe here: From the Pickle Jar to the Cookie Jar
- 2 cups / 500 ml all purpose flour
- 1 tsp / 5 ml baking soda
- 1 tsp / 5 ml baking powder
- 1 tsp / 5 ml kosher salt
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml yellow mustard seed
- 1 cup / 250 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup / 250 ml granulated sugar
- 1 cup / 250 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp / 10 ml vanilla
- 3 tbsp / 45 ml honey mustard
- 3 cups / 750 ml oats (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml raisins
- 1 cup / 250 ml unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Whisk together fl our, baking soda, baking powder, salt and mustard seed. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla and honey mustard with hand mixer on low. Increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and colour lightens.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture until no flour is visible. (Over-mixing results in a tough cookie.)
- Add oatmeal mixture. Stir to incorporate.
- Drop tablespoons (15 ml) of batter 2 inches (5 cm) apart onto baking sheet, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes on centre rack until golden and cookie is still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven. Let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 24 (1 cookie/serving)
Per serving (58.99 g): 248.37 Calories, 4.05 g protein, 33.61 g carbohydrate, 2.24 g fibre, 17.03 g sugar, 11.86 g fat, 7.32 g saturated fat, 0.33 g trans fat, 37.07 mg cholesterol, 185.07 mg sodium
As featured in Mustard Makeovers and More. Get your cookbook here.