Make it a Meal: This bacon is versatile. Serve as a decadent brunch side dish along with sweet seasonal melon and toasted Seed Bread. Or crumble and add to spinach greens dressed with Basic Balsamic Salad Dressing.
- 8 slices, lean, thick sliced bacon, about 1/2 lb (250 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) dry mustard powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C).
- Line a 13 inch x 9 inch (34 cm x 22 cm) baking sheet with foil and place bacon strips on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, brown sugar and pepper.
- Sprinkle each bacon strip with 1/2 tsp (2 ml) of mustard mixture.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling on top and edges are ruffled, or until desired crispness is achieved.
Per serving (48.6 g): 217.7 calories, 5.1 g protein, 2.4 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 1.6 g sugar, 20.7 g fat, 11.7 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 30.4 mg cholesterol