Prep time: 1 hour, 30 minutes Serves: 6
- 4 small beets, peeled, quartered
- 3 carrots, peeled, cut into 4 pieces diagonally
- 3 parsnips, peeled, cut into 4 pieces diagonally
- 1 small rutabaga, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut into 6 wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, skinned
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whole grain prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- To taste salt and pepper
- Reheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- In small roaster, combine beets, carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, onion and garlic.
- In measuring cup, combine water, mustard, oil, maple syrup, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Reserve 2 tbsp (25 ml) dressing. Drizzle remainder over vegetables.
- Cover roaster with lid or foil. Bake 1 hour. After 30 minutes remove lid, mix vegetables, return to oven.
- Roast until soft when pierced with a fork and starting to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Turn vegetables into serving bowl, drizzle reserved mustard dressing over top and toss.
Per serving (289.46 g): 172.31 Calories, 3.94 g protein, 30.82 g carbohydrate, 10.31 g fibre, 18.25 g sugar, 4.91 g fat, 0.41 g saturated fat, 0.02 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 212.81 mg sodium
These and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.