Prep time: 1 hour Serves: 6 (1/2 cup / 125 ml/serving)
- 3 1/2 cups / 875 ml fresh baby carrots Prepared
- 1 lb / 500 g bag frozen Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml butter
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp / 15ml Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp / 2 ml grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml toasted and chopped pecans (optional)
- Cook carrots until tender.
- Cook Brussels sprouts according to package directions.
- Drain vegetables, mix together and keep warm.
- In saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Stir in orange juice, maple syrup, mustard and orange peel. Add cranberries and vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Serve with pecans sprinkled over the top.
Some frozen vegetable combinations also include cauliflower. Vegetable combinations are limited only by your imagination!
Per serving (179.5 g): 161.97 Calories, 4.08 g protein, 25.60 g carbohydrate, 5.82 g fi bre, 12.79 g sugar, 4.64 g fat, 2.18 g saturated fat, 0.13 g trans fat, 8.60 mg cholesterol, 112.94 mg sodium