Pour this Savoury Salad Dressing over a variety of your favourite cut up raw vegetables, such as cauliflower, carrots, red and yellow peppers, broccoli, radishes, purple onion and chick peas, and mix well for a delicious and nutritious treat.
Prep time: 10 minutes Makes: 1/2 cup (125 ml) Serves: 12 (2 tsp / 10 ml/serving)
- 3 tbsp / 45 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml maple syrup
- 1 tsp / 5 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp / 5 ml onion
- 1/8 tsp / 0.5 ml salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp / 75 ml + 15 ml canola oil
- 1 tsp / 5 ml yellow mustard seed (for garnish)
- In bowl, whisk together vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon and onion mustards, salt and pepper. Slowly add oil, whisking continually until well mixed.
- Sprinkle mustard seed on top for garnish.
Per serving (16.83 g): 49.48 Calories, 0.05 g protein, 0.93 g carbohydrate, 0.03 g fibre, 0.73 g sugar, 5.12 g fat, 0.37 g saturated fat, 0.02 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 25.99 mg sodium
These and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.