Serve with fresh vegetables, salad or Polish refrigerator pickles.
Prep time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup / 50 ml honey mustard
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml minced red onion
- 1 tsp / 5 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp / 10 ml packed brown sugar
- 2 panini
- 1 tsp / 5 ml olive oil
- 4 oz / 125 g smoked gouda cheese, sliced or grated
- 8 oz / 250 g sliced roast turkey breast
- to taste black pepper
- In microwave-safe container combine cranberries, mustard, onion, vinegar and sugar. Mix well.
- Cook at 100% power for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir, cook another 1/2 minute, stir.
- Lay flatbread on countertop, drizzle 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oil over each. With fingers, spread oil over bread. Flip bread over, put 1/4 of the cheese over half of each bread.
- Divide turkey between the two flatbreads on top of cheese.
- Divide and spread cranberry butter over turkey. Sprinkle pepper over sandwiches to taste. Top with remaining cheese. Fold flatbread over to cover toppings.
- Grill at 325°F (170°C) for 3 minutes in a panini maker until cheese is melted. Cut in half crosswise.
- A non-stick fry pan heated over medium heat can also be used. Heat sandwich 3 minutes per side, periodically pressing down on top of the sandwich with spatula.
Per serving (283.96 g): 670.44 Calories, 37.82 g protein, 89.81 g carbohydrate, 3.95 g fibre, 17.05 g sugar, 19.18 g fat, 7.41 g saturated fat, 0.01 g trans fat, 74.77 mg cholesterol, 1175.49 mg sodium
This and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.