In Spain, tortilla refers to an omelet, usually with potato. This recipe is also good with sweet potato.
Prep time: 15 minutes Serves: 2
- 1 small, yellow-fleshed potato, cooked and diced (about 3/4 cup -1 cup / 175 ml-250 ml)
- 2 tsp / 10 ml minced red or green pepper
- 2 tsp / 10 ml onion, minced
- 2 tsp / 10 ml grated light parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml 1% milk
- to taste hot sauce
- Lightly spray two 1/2 cup (125 ml) ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide diced potato between ramekins.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tsp (5 ml) each peppers, onion and parmesan.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, mustard, milk and hot sauce.
- Pour mixture evenly over potatoes.
- Place both ramekins in microwave.
- Bake at 50% power for 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Centre will puff when done.
- Let rest 2 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edge. Remove tortillas and place on serving plates.
- Top with condiments of your choice (e.g., hot sauce, salsa, diced tomato, avocado, etc.)
Per serving (143.47 g): 147.13 Calories, 8.89 g protein, 15.89 g carbohydrate, 1.63 g fibre, 1.66 g sugar, 5.31 g fat, 1.70 g saturated fat, 0.02 g trans fat, 186.72 mg cholesterol, 200.04 mg sodium
These and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.