This chili is always a hit with vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Customize to your taste by adding your favourite vegetables.
Prep time: 45 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml canola oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 – 14 oz / 398 ml can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 – 14 oz / 398 ml cans vegetarian chili
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp / 1 ml cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp / 7 ml chili powder
- 1 tsp / 5 ml salt
- 1/2 tsp / 2 ml black pepper
- In soup pot at medium heat, sauté garlic with oil.
- Add diced tomatoes, bell pepper, chili, mustard, sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and add extra water, if needed.
- Serve hot.
Per serving (273.90 g): 193.31 Calories, 9.31 g protein, 22.84 g carbohydrate, 6.74 g fibre, 8.53 g sugar, 7.37 g fat, 0.72 g saturated fat, 0.03 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1284.61 mg sodium
Encourage kids to help clean up. Start with simple tasks and work towards washing dishes.
This and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.