Spicy Peppery Mustard Chicken can be baked or grilled on the BBQ. The spice mixture for this recipe can be blended ahead of time. Keep it in a tightly covered container and store in a cool, dark place.
Prep time: 1 hour Serves: 6 (2 thighs/serving)
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml honey mustard
- 12 – 3oz / 90 g chicken thighs, without skin
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml paprika
- 1 tsp / 5 ml kosher salt
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml dry mustard powder
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml chili powder
- 2 tsp / 10 ml cumin
- 2 tsp / 10 ml yellow mustard seed
- 1 tsp / 5 ml black pepper
- 2 tsp / 10 ml granulated garlic
- 2 tsp / 10 ml onion powder
- 1 tsp / 5 ml cayenne
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mustard baste: In medium-sized bowl, mix together melted butter and honey mustard. Lightly baste each chicken thigh with this mixture.
- Spice mixture: In separate bowl, mix together paprika, salt, sugar, mustard powder, chili powder, cumin, yellow mustard seed, black pepper, garlic, onion powder, and cayenne. Put spice mixture into clean, sealable (kitchen) bag.
- Shake basted chicken thighs in bag of spice mix until well-coated.
- Transfer chicken to baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes.
Per serving (206.64 g): 331.39 Calories, 36.54 g protein, 7.93 g carbohydrate, 2.30 g fibre, 3.57 g sugar, 16.64 g fat, 3.33 g saturated fat, 1.72 g trans fat, 171.13 mg cholesterol, 595.71 mg sodium
This and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.