In this recipe the tang of mustard is balanced with the sweetness of maple syrup.
Prep time: 30 minutes (plus marinating time) Serves: 4
- 4 – 6 oz / 180 g portions pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp / 45 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml dark rum
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp / 25 ml whole grain mustard
- To taste salt and black pepper
- Combine maple syrup, rum and mustard. Spread mixture over meat and marinate, refrigerated, 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Sear meat on all sides.
- Place pan in oven, or if you do not have an oven-safe fry pan, transfer pork to a roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered until internal temperature reaches 160°F (72°C), 15-20 minutes.
Per serving (75.81 g): 180.83 Calories, 10.36 g protein, 11.19 g carbohydrate, 0.49 g fibre, 9.20 g sugar, 8.66 g fat, 1.38 g saturated fat, 0.02 g trans fat, 29.25 mg cholesterol, 25.55 mg sodium
This and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.