Sask Mustard and Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan were pleased to welcome Chef Graham Hayes to Saskatchewan this July. Hayes is Corporate Chef for French’s Food Company in Canada. In addition to two television segments on CTV Saskatoon, Chef Hayes led a cooking demonstration at the Farm & Food Care Chef’s Stage during Taste of Saskatchewan. Festival goers were delighted to have a taste of Chef Hayes’ Mustard Sweet Chili Glazed Chicken.
- 6x 4oz chicken thighs
- 125 ml French’s yellow deli mustard
- 50 ml Frank’s Red Hot Sweet Chili Sauce
- 20 ml maple syrup
Garnish with micro-greens tossed in a sesame vinaigrette.
- Mix the mustard, maple syrup and the sweet chili sauce together and keep in a bowl.
- Take 1/3 of the mustard mix and marinate the chicken thighs in it for 24 hours.
- Place the chicken on a heated barbecue and cook for approximately 6 minutes each side, turning frequently and brushing with the rest of the marinade.
- When chicken has reached an internal temperature of 178º F (81ºC), remove and let rest for 2 mins.
- Serve with the micro-green salad.
As seen demonstrated on the Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan Chef’s Series stage at Taste of Saskatchewan, July 13, 2017 at 4:00 PM by French’s Corporate Chef, Graham Hayes.