For rare steak, remove from grill at 135°F (57°C); medium steak: 155°F (68°C); well-done steak: 165°F (72°C). Allow steaks to sit 3 to 4 minutes. The meat will continue to cook to proper doneness.
Prep time: 30 minutes (plus marinating time) Serves: 2
- 2 – 8 oz / 225 g bison ribeye steak, 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml horseradish mustard
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp / 5 ml grated lemon peel
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp / 5 ml crushed oregano
- to taste coarse salt and black pepper
- Whisk together olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic and oregano. Reserve 1 tbsp (15 ml).
- Combine steaks and remainder of marinade in sealable plastic bag.
- Refrigerate 6 to 24 hours, mixing periodically.
- Heat barbecue to medium-high heat and place steaks on grill. Cook 6 to 7 minutes, flip steaks, cook another 6 to 7 minutes for medium rare, or until internal temperature is 155°F (85°C).
- Remove from heat. Tent with foil and let rest 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle steaks with reserved marinade before serving.
Per serving (252 g): 334 Calories, 49.00 g protein, 3.50 g carbohydrate, 1.11 g fibre, 0.23 g sugar, 12.5 g fat, 3.00 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 161 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium
These and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.