These muffins are the perfect accompaniment to any rib barbecue.
Prep time: 30 minutes Serves: 18 (1 muffin/serving)
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml canola oil
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml skim milk
- 1/4 cup / 60 ml honey mustard
- 1 tsp / 5 ml grainy mustard
- 1/2 tsp / 2 ml salt
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp / 10 ml baking powder
- 1 cup / 250 ml frozen corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In large bowl, cream oil, sugar, honey, eggs, milk, mustards and salt. Blend in flour, cornmeal and baking powder thoroughly. Add corn kernels to mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Portion 3 tbsp (45 ml) batter into each prepared muffin liner.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffin tops begin to turn brown and wooden toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve hot.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days or frozen up to 3 months.
Per serving (1 muffin, 53.01 g): 166.18 Calories, 2.71 g protein, 22.34 g carbohydrate, 0.75 g fibre, 7.61 g sugar, 7.35 g fat, 0.70 g saturated fat, 0.03 g trans fat, 20.81 mg cholesterol, 126.13 mg sodium
Little ones can place paper liners in tins!
These and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.