Mustard Seafood Stuffed Mushroom Caps can get you in the entertaining mood and are a perfect bite sized treat!
Prep time: 30 minutes Serves: 4 (4 mushrooms/serving)
- 16 medium-sized white or brown mushrooms, about 2 inches (5 cm) across
- 1 tbsp / 15 ml butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 – 4 oz / 120 g can chunk crabmeat
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup / 50 ml crushed crackers (any flavour) or saltines
- 3 tbsp / 45 ml creamy Dijon, creamy dill or smoked bacon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place oven rack in centre of oven.
- Spray 7 inch x 11 inch (17 x 28 cm) baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel, remove and chop stems.
- Place mushroom caps, stem side up, in baking pan.
- In sauté pan melt butter over medium heat. Add chopped stems and garlic. Sauté until all moisture has cooked out of mushrooms, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine cooled mushroom mixture, crabmeat, cheese, crackers and mustard in bowl. Mix well.
- Using 1 tbsp (15 ml) measure, fi ll caps with mixture.
- Bake 15-18 minutes until topping turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving (228.9 g): 347.50 Calories, 34.25 g protein, 8.14 g carbohydrate, 0.95 g fibre, 1.55 g sugar, 21.0 g fat, 9.69 g saturated fat, 0.02 g trans fat, 128.0 mg cholesterol, 700.80 mg sodium
This and other great recipes can be found in Mustard Makeovers & More! 100 Marvellous Recipes for Busy Families available here from Amazon.ca.